X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blindf8th
    • May 2006
    • 3.5.x

Please Help a N00b

Have a site I've been semi managing now for sometime, but I'm definitely not as site strong as I need to be.

using VBandvanced v3.0 RC2 on VBulletin 3.6.4

Started receiving this error this morning. No site changes have been made recently. Even though all users seem to be receiving this error, the posts seem to take it appears.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/farlmax/public_html/includes/adminfunctions.php on line 385

After looking at adminfunctions.php for that line listed it displays
    <html><body>

Will to pay for assistance if needed. I plan to upgrade VB in the near future after I get past two last tests.

Thanks to anyone who can help...

Blind
  • Tigratrus
    • Oct 2006
    • 3.7.x

Normally if you have an error like that you've got a badly formed html tag somewhere else in the page. I'd look at any changes you've made to templates (or new ads included etc) most recently. http://validator.w3.org/ can be a very helpful tool.

If you haven't made any changes, I'd look at any member created content (blogs, articles etc) that might have html enabled. Another thing you might try is turning off any advertising to see if it's a problem with a badly formed ad. You might also try turning off CMPS for a minute to see if it's content in one of the modules that's causing the problem...

The validator *IS* very helpful, but it can be really labor intensive tracking down validation errors, they often cause cascade errors (1st one triggers multiple follow on errors like in a compiler), so work on the ones near the top first.

Good luck!

James and Susan

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

I recommend to upgrade to 3.7.3 PL1 as it's the latest stable and 3.6 will soon receive EOL.

This will most likely also fix this issue. Because you can also upgrade your customizations.

Comment

• Blindf8th
        • May 2006
        • 3.5.x

What if I have no admin console access now to do anything and all I get is the same error? Any thoughts there?

I'm sure no changes to the site have been made as I'm the only one that does them and thats been months now.

Because I'm so tied up with testign as of late, can I pay to have someone look at this? Is that even a service VB or anyone else can provide?

Thanks again for the direction guys, me users is angry lol...

Blind

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

place in includes/config.php: define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true); below <?php on a new line.

Comment

• Blindf8th
            • May 2006
            • 3.5.x

Thanks a million for the assistance guys. Turned out to be a corrupt adminfunction.php file. Replaced and gtg

Comment