Restrict advanced search for particular usergroup?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ral.ly
    • May 2007

Restrict advanced search for particular usergroup?

Is it possible to restrict the advanced search for a particular usergroup?

I have seen on other forums (eg scoobynet.com) where members who haven't paid for a subscription only have access to a google search, while others who have paid get access to VBulletin's search engine.

Thanks,

Jonathan
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

You can try - Usergroup Manager > select your usergroup > Can Search Forums > No

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Ral.ly
      • May 2007

Originally posted by Lynne
      You can try - Usergroup Manager > select your usergroup > Can Search Forums > No
      Thanks but that takes away the search option altogether. Ideally I'd like to have two levels of search, with a more advanced search being available to paid members? Is that possible?

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

That's what I was kinda wondering. In your case then, you will have to modify the code. You can probably do something as simple as modify the search.php page and add the print_no_permission() for users in the not allowed usergroup under the correct $REQUEST_['do] areas. You'll probably have to play with it a little. You'll need to go through and figure out which 'do' requests are allowed to everyone - like do=getnew is fine. Just make a copy and call it search2.php and try things out. If you need more help, the place to ask is over on vbulletin.org

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Ral.ly
          • May 2007

Originally posted by Lynne
          That's what I was kinda wondering. In your case then, you will have to modify the code. You can probably do something as simple as modify the search.php page and add the print_no_permission() for users in the not allowed usergroup under the correct $REQUEST_['do] areas. You'll probably have to play with it a little. You'll need to go through and figure out which 'do' requests are allowed to everyone - like do=getnew is fine. Just make a copy and call it search2.php and try things out. If you need more help, the place to ask is over on vbulletin.org
          Super, thanks Lynne

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...