X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Miller
    • May 2005
    • 3.5.x

Adsense for Feeds

Do we have a solution on how to embed adsense in feeds ?

Thank You.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

mod_rewrite rule to point external.php* to the google's feed.

Comment

• John Miller
      • May 2005
      • 3.5.x

Thank You Floris,
      but the information you have provided is really hard to understand, because as per google they require a feedburner account, only via feedburner we can have adsense enabled in our feeds.
      According to our statistics program we get major number of referrals only via feeds, a solution for same will be really helpful .

If you can provide us the right information on how to enable this we will be able to do the same ASAP. (Please note this is required at the urgent, cause some of our websites are premium content.)
      I would request you to please post what should be alterered and where.

Thank You again for your time and reply.

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Since it is not a default feature in vBulletin to support feedburner, nor am I experienced enough with mod_security to help you create the appropriate rewrite rule for your .htaccess file, I am afraid I won't be able to help you.

I've set it up myself on Adsense program, and it creates the feedburner for you it seems. I just haven't been able to figure out the htaccess rewrite rule yet (not without any flaws that is).

Comment

• John Miller
          • May 2005
          • 3.5.x

Thank You Floris, do you have any site live to see how ads appear with adsense for feeds ?

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

I do not know if they've targeted the content yet, but here's one example of a recently added feed: http://feedproxy.google.com/wetalktv

It looks 100% different in each browser, opera, safari, firefox, camino and internet explorer 6 and 8.

Comment

• John Miller
              • May 2005
              • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Floris
              I do not know if they've targeted the content yet, but here's one example of a recently added feed: http://feedproxy.google.com/wetalktv

It looks 100% different in each browser, opera, safari, firefox, camino and internet explorer 6 and 8.
              I am unable to find any advertisements on this feed, are you sure this feed is powered by adsense ?

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

It is set up from the Google Adsense page itself, and it created that link. No Adsense appeared since it was started. I think it's fair to say it's not working as designed

Comment

• vinnaboy
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Floris
                  It is set up from the Google Adsense page itself, and it created that link. No Adsense appeared since it was started. I think it's fair to say it's not working as designed
                  Your ads are showing on your feeds. To see the ads you have to use Google Reader. I'm wondering if there is a way to show adsense on all readers!

Comment

• abumohamed
                    • Jun 2004
                    • 3.8.x

i think ads are showing when use socialmarke sites
                    krwetatnt
                    http://krwetatnt.net/vb/

Comment

• Floris
                      • Dec 2001

Since I've signed up to test it, I made very very little impressions. And even less hits.

Comment

• John Miller
                        • May 2005
                        • 3.5.x

They might still be working on same, also note the number of advertisements visible via FEEDS are huge.
                        This means a less Ecpm but a good CTR hopefully.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...