Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DannCG
    • Oct 2006

Forum section doesn't appear after created

I'm having weird situation where the forum section doesn't appear in live forum even in Admin CP after created it.
    I've tried many times using simple method to create forum section and enable all permissions to all usergroup.
    I'm also had tried this by disabling all related plugins, especially relate onto forums & forumpermission table database.

Weirdly, if i'm requesting the undisplayed forum section via http, eg: http://www.myforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49
    it will keep displaying that i have no permission to access the page.

Fyi, i just found this strange issue after migrating forum board into new server. Last mysql version is 4.x.x while new server using 5.x.x . Here is reference for my thread regarding new servers

Really need help since i'm going to prepare for upgrading vb to newest version, so i need to make sure all data in condition before do any upgrade. Any useful from vb staff is much appreciated. TQVM.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

A real URL would help. However in my experience when you create a new forum in the Admin CP and have the appropriate permissions, it does show up. If it doesn't, then this is due to a modification.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• peterska2
      • Oct 2003
      • 3.7.x

Check this line in config.php

Code:
      // $config['Datastore']['class'] = 'vB_Datastore_Filecache';
      If this line is uncommented, ie does not have // at the start of the line then make sure that your includes/datastore directory is CHMOD 777 then save the display order of your forums without making any changes to update the changes and refresh the display.

Comment

• DannCG
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        A real URL would help. However in my experience when you create a new forum in the Admin CP and have the appropriate permissions, it does show up. If it doesn't, then this is due to a modification.
        Hello Steve, thanks for update.

I didn't do any major modification. Just install some plugins and had tried to disable all of them but still unsuccessful.

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne
        Check this line in config.php

Code:
        // $config['Datastore']['class'] = 'vB_Datastore_Filecache';
        If this line is uncommented, ie does not have // at the start of the line then make sure that your includes/datastore directory is CHMOD 777 then save the display order of your forums without making any changes to update the changes and refresh the display.
        Hello Kerry, thanks for update.
        Yes, those line is uncommented. And i've fixed the directory includes/datastore CHMOD from 755 to 777 and then save and do as per your instruction. Unluckily, the problem still persist.

After that, I'd tried to comment out those line
        Code:
        $config['Datastore']['class'] = 'vB_Datastore_Filecache';
        and it seems had solved all the problems. All undisplayed forum section that i've created before seems to be appeared.

After almost an hour, the page seems to be hang while browsing the forum & after that database error message displayed. I'm going to restart sql & undo changes in config.php and the forum going back to normal. But, as guess, the main issue come again.

For your information, i'm using database replication involving 2 servers.
        Server 1 = Apache + Slave DB
        Server 2 = Master DB

How do i fix this problem? Thanks for help.

Comment

• DannCG
          • Oct 2006

It seems that topics as listed below having similar issue as well as me. The case is definitely same :-

Need help since the issue seems unresolved & no solution has been given.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Its not a vbulletin issue, something on your server configuration is causing the issue.

Comment