Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phsycical
    • May 2008

Seeing users passwords as admin

Hi, I've been looking for where to find my users passwords (I'm an admin). I have looked through a lot of things, I can't seem to find it (Sorry if I'm missing something obvious).

In case you're wondering why, some topics made by other users were deleted. I wanted to re post it, using their account.

Also, sometimes banned users try to come back on a different IP, with a different email. Though if I could search through passwords there is a chance that the old banned user would be using the same password as before. Making them easier to spot.

In addition to that, sometimes users have technical difficulties with their accounts. I'd like to simply be able to log into their account and see what's wrong. (For instance when they are trouble using a certain avatar or something). I suppose I change their email, request the password to be sent, then change it back. Though this can be a problem, as it changes the users password, something I don't want to do. Plus, it is quite an inconvenience. Is there a way for administrators (Or, likely not all administrators. Just me being able to do it would be enough) to see users passwords? Or maybe there is an add on that would allow me to do this?

Thanks
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Passwords are hashed and cannot be viewed. There may be an unsupported add-on over at www.vbulletin.org that lets you log in as another user.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...