X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisbeau
    • May 2007
    • 3.6.x

Hacked Forum

A friends forum was hacked, they were using Version 3.7.0, I managed to cop it and change settings in the config file to limit there account before it was totally deleted.

Database seems to be intact and all it seems they have managed to delete was the threads and posts, and possibly some users how can I recover/rebuild these threads and users?
  • chrisbeau
    • May 2007
    • 3.6.x

Would impex be the best way ?

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Restoring a recent backup of the db would be best. Otherwise you can try Impex but that depends on what other info was deleted.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• chrisbeau
        • May 2007
        • 3.6.x

No backup made, fairly new forum so not a huge amount of stuff. I guess impex is the way to go then.

Comment

• ibeblunt
          • Nov 2000
          • 3.6.x

My friends site was hacked on Friday running vBulletin 3.7.2.
          Sorry the video or page cannot be found. The page may have been removed, had its name changed, or is just temporarily unavailable. Please use search or visit our home page. Thank you.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Just because his site was hacked, doesn't mean there is specificly a hole in vBulletin. There are a considerably number of possabilities where a hacker could have gained access to the system to change things. He should contact his webhost and review their logs.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...