X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpal
    • Aug 2006
    • 3.6.x

How do I change the upper title tag as shown in the browser

I'm looking for help on how to change the default 'thread title' which is generally followed by 'powered by vbulletin' as shown in the upper title tag. And I know how to remove the 'powered by vbulletin'. This is just so you know I'm looking to tweak the top title bar in the browser rather than in the thread or post.

What I'm interested in is displaying the title tag for the page to display the title, followed by the forum it's been posted in, rather than the website title, as an example, I've posted this in the forum vBulletin Community Forum > vBulletin 3.6 > vBulletin 3.6 Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting yet this is displayed as 'How do I change the upper title tag - vBulletin Community Forum'.

Is there any way for me to adapt the title to display 'How do I change the upper title tag - vBulletin 3.6'.

My reasons for this is that I think this can focus the title to better reflect the content of that particular forum rather than by the website title.

As always, any help much appreciated
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

In your showthread template, find
    Code:
    <title>$thread[prefix_plain_html] $thread[title]<if condition="$pagenumber>1"> - <phrase 1="$pagenumber">$vbphrase[page_x]</phrase></if> - $vboptions[bbtitle]</title>
    and replace with
    Code:
    <title>$thread[prefix_plain_html] $thread[title]<if condition="$pagenumber>1"> - <phrase 1="$pagenumber">$vbphrase[page_x]</phrase></if> - $forum[title]</title>

Comment

• richpal
      • Aug 2006
      • 3.6.x

Brilliant, Kerry-Anne, thank you so much for that

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...