Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ubeaut
    • Jul 2003

Different view for guests

Hi - I have put tabbed pages on my forum, in an effort to reduce the searching time and confusion for members on a reasonably large site. However I would like to set up a non tabbed page for guests.

IE I don't want guests to view the tabbed pages, only one big page the way the forums used to be before I put on the tabs.

I have set up the page all ready to go, but can't find a way of making it the default view for guests. Thought I'd seen it in Usergroup Manager but can't find it anywhere. Is this possible or is it not something that can be done.

Cheers - Neil

PS the reason for doing this is purely financial. Tabs are a fantastic way to clean up a big board but the drop in Google earnings since putting them on has been absolutely amazing. They have dropped by approx 92% since the tabs went on. Page views are still the same (in fact higher) but clicks on adds have continued to drop to an all time low. I'm hoping a full page for guests will pull it back up again.
    Woodworking Australia's
    Woodwork Forums
    Metalwork Forums
    Photo Forums
  • ubeaut
    • Jul 2003

Surely someone must know if it's doable or not...
    Woodworking Australia's
    Woodwork Forums
    Metalwork Forums
    Photo Forums

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

I do not know how to do that without significant modifications. You can try asking over at www.vbulletin.org.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ubeaut
        • Jul 2003

Thank you.
        Woodworking Australia's
        Woodwork Forums
        Metalwork Forums
        Photo Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...