• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Selrion
    • Nov 2007
    • 3.8.x

Case sensitive autocensor?

Hello, everyone!
    Em, maybe I've missed something in vBulletin settings, but WHY is the autocensor case sensitive?! Did you ever try to set all case variants for only one word? Espesialy if this word is too long! If some word is censored, never mind what case it written in!
    Thank you for answer...
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Are you talking about the Censored Words in vboptions > censorship options? I don't believe they are case sensitive. At least, if you read the help it leads you to believe it isn't:
    Here are some examples of what a censor list will do to a sentence:

Sentence:
    Dogs and cats fight when it's raining.
    Censor List:
    {dog} cat rain
    Censor Result:
    Dogs and ***s fight when it's ****ing.
    Censor List:
    dog {cat} {rain}
    Censor Result:
    ***s and cats fight when it's raining.

Do *not* use quotation marks or the results may be unexpected or it may cause errors. Make sure you are using curly brackets {} and not parentheses () when specifying exact words. Also note that you cannot censor phrases here because spaces are used as delimiters.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Selrion
      • Nov 2007
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by U2Lynne
      Are you talking about the Censored Words in vboptions > censorship options? I don't believe they are case sensitive. At least, if you read the help it leads you to believe it isn't:
      Yes, but try with this:

Sentense:
      I have a DoG.
      Censored word:
      {dog}
      Result:
      I have a DoG.

Why is this?

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

I did exactly what you did and had the same results. I tried several other words and had the same, uncensored results. Then I realized I didn't have Censorship Enabled. Once I turned that on, it worked. I put in {dog} and put the sentance "I have a DoG." in a post and ended up with "I have a ***." (I did this on my test board which is running 3.7 beta 2 still.)

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• Selrion
          • Nov 2007
          • 3.8.x

Hm, I'm running 3.6.10 and it doesn't work so fine. May be it happens because of different board language?

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

I just ran a quick test of this on my live 3.6.8 board and got the expected results of "I have a ***." Perhaps you have a modification running the interferes with this. Try disabling your hacks and see if it still doesn't work.

Comment

• Selrion
              • Nov 2007
              • 3.8.x

Hm, now I understand what's happening. English words censoring fine, but for other languages authosensor is case sensitive. At least for symbols of cyrillics.The question is how to fix that?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...