What is the name of the Software that governs the Moderation Tools (or the GO?)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Copeland
    • May 2000

I thought it was named ActiveX or Active Matrix, and it was added in a recent 3.5 version.

The software also keeps in local "memory" all of the "checks" in the post boxes in all topics in preparation to using the Moderation Tools GOO button to move, cop, etc.

(I think I read that the software was somewhat similar to Java)

Thanks,

David

DAVID COPELAND
    Licensed VB Holder Since 2000
    Celebrating 22 Years with VB
  • Onimua
    • Apr 2005

Um... vBulletin?

You're talking about what language it's coded in? JavaScript and (X)HTML from the forum. It's not like it's a separate piece of software that was merged with vBulletin or anything, its part of vBulletin.
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• David Copeland
      • May 2000

There are some topics on this forum where the VB staff discussed the big changes from Ver 2 to Ver 3.5, whereby we can now place a small check alongside each post, then go down the thread and choose an action in the Moderation drop-down. The method became available because of some new development in either Internet Explorer or browsers or something else. Before Ver 3.5 this feature was not available.

I thought the VB Staff mentioned something like ActiveX Control, which is used in the IE Browser area of Plug-ins. Prior to Ver 3.5, I don't believe most browsers had the ActiveX Control Plug Ins that allowed the Ver 2 to use the Moderation Drop-Down feature.

DAVID COPELAND

Comment

• Onimua
        • Apr 2005

Yes, that's possible, and you should be seeing those check boxes and tools if you have the permissions.

What specifically are you asking about though? For what purpose? To have it active on your forum?
        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• Chroder
          • Dec 2002

Are you asking what the technology is called? I think the term you're after is AJAX. It is not a specific piece of software. As Onimua stated, it's just generic Javascript and HTML.

Though in your example of the inline moderation, there isn't much scripting involved in that at all. That's just a simple form with some Javascript that sets cookies to remember which checkboxes you have checked. AJAX on the other hand is behind the instant marked-read, double-click to close threads, instant replies etc.

Comment

• David Copeland
            • May 2000

I believe the name is ActiveX

DAVID COPELAND

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

No, its AJAX, activex is a windows only technology.;

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...