X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AoD
    • Apr 2008
    • 3.6.x

Arcade and forum location?

Alright, I'm having some trouble here, maybe someone can help me out.

First, the forum is installed in the root directory on the host. Now, I've installed an arcade. I just finished installing VBAdvanced for a portal page.

Now here's the problem. Every time a user wants to save their scores on a game it redirects them to the portal page.

Here's what I've done:

1 - Renamed the forum index to forumindex.php
    2 - Renamed the forum portal to index.php
    3 - Added the arcade code to the portal page index.php

Either way, it still does this. The arcade says that I need to update the index, but for some reason, it will not work. I've tried everything I know off hand to fix it, and nothing works.

I'm not sure how the arcade calls the information in index.php, and I can't find the code or even a selection to change the file to read from. When the forum index is named index.php, it works fine. The portal index has the same arcade script in it now, and it still just redirects users to the portal page.

I hope someone here can help. I don't want to move the forum into it's own Forum folder. The way we are setting up our site, it'd just be easier that way.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

We can't provide support for either the Arcade or vBAdvanced as they are third-party products. You should ask these questions on their respective forums or at www.vbulletin.org.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• AoD
      • Apr 2008
      • 3.6.x

I do apologize Wayne. Could you answer me this then? If we needed to move our forum to a /forums/ folder, what all would we have to do?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Easiest way would be to copy the files and paste them to the new location using an FTP program.

You'll also need to go through all your AdminCP options to ensure that the file paths are correct.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• AoD
          • Apr 2008
          • 3.6.x

Cool, thank you Trevster. That's very helpful.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...