X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alghazali
    • Dec 2007
    • 3.6.x

Disable the hyprid or threaded display mode for guests

I have recently installed a hack, official of course. So that guests won't able to view past the first post in a thread. Thought it was working just fine. But just now I realize if a guest switches the display mode of the thread. From linear to either hyprid or to threaded mode. In fact, the guest can view past the first post that they weren't supposed to see.

Now I would like to disable the hyprid or threaded display mode for guests. Is it possible?

Thanks
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

There is no option to disable those modes for guests only. You will need to either disable those modes for everyone or have the hack author fix that bug.

Comment

• Nick
      • Feb 2008
      • 3.8.x

There really is no "official" modification.
      The vBulletin team here will not support you if your installation code has been modified.

No you cannot disable the Threaded and Hybrid mode on a usergroup basis.
      But you can completely turn it off so nobody can use it.
      AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> Threaded / Hybrid Mode Options (showthread) -> Enable Threaded / Hybrid Mode
      Regards,
      Nick

Comment

• alghazali
        • Dec 2007
        • 3.6.x

Thanks to both for quick response. Disabling for all is good enough.

Originally posted by Nick

AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> Threaded / Hybrid Mode Options (showthread) -> Enable Threaded / Hybrid Mode

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...