X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Black Widow
    • Oct 2006
    • 4.1.x

upgrade to 3.6.10, template not affected

I upgraded from 3.6.9 to 3.6.10 but found 1 problem.
    The upgrade was supposed to update the userinfraction_view template also along with other changes but it did not.
    In this bug http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/project.php?issueid=25161 i see that part of the code should be changed to something else but after upgrade the old code is still there.
    Why the upgrade did not do that?

Thanks.
    AKA The Ancient
    "Black holes are where God divided by zero"
  • Mike Sullivan
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Apr 2000
    • 3.6.x

The upgrade didn't do that template -- it was listed as an exception in the first post. I've updated the template change post to make it clearer that this change isn't applied automatically.

Comment

• Black Widow
      • Oct 2006
      • 4.1.x

So i need to do it manually?
      Is the change will be a part of 3.7.0 upgrade?

Thanks.
      AKA The Ancient

Comment

• Black Widow
        • Oct 2006
        • 4.1.x

Can i please get an answer?
        AKA The Ancient

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Apr 2000
          • 3.6.x

That template is like the template in any other upgrade: it will have to be addressed manually. The security token changes are the exception.

Comment

• Tacitus
            • Oct 2006
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Mike Sullivan
            That template is like the template in any other upgrade: it will have to be addressed manually. The security token changes are the exception.
            I've done the upgrade from 3.6.9 to 3.6.10 with some hiccups but I got there. The admin control panel now tells me I'm using 3.6.10 but the forum (bottom of page) says I'm only using 3.6.8.

Is this just a matter of editing the default template or is there likely to be more going on here? Everything else appears normal.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

Originally posted by Tacitus
              I've done the upgrade from 3.6.9 to 3.6.10 with some hiccups but I got there. The admin control panel now tells me I'm using 3.6.10 but the forum (bottom of page) says I'm only using 3.6.8.

Is this just a matter of editing the default template or is there likely to be more going on here? Everything else appears normal.
              Try reverting your footer template and reapply any customisations you've made to this. If this doesn't work, reupload all your non-image files and try running the upgrade script again.
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Tacitus
                • Oct 2006
                • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Trevster
                Try reverting your footer template and reapply any customisations you've made to this. If this doesn't work, reupload all your non-image files and try running the upgrade script again.
                Thanks for the reply Trevster. I'm sorry to sound dim but I'm a newbie to all this.

By 'revert' do you mean replace the new template with the old one from a backup?

I've looked all through the files, but where would I find the footer, or for that matter the other default templates?

Appreciate the help.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 5.7.X

Originally posted by Tacitus
                  Thanks for the reply Trevster. I'm sorry to sound dim but I'm a newbie to all this.

By 'revert' do you mean replace the new template with the old one from a backup?

I've looked all through the files, but where would I find the footer, or for that matter the other default templates?

Appreciate the help.
                  No problem.

If you log into AdminCP then go to the following:

Styles & Templates > Style Manager > (from the dropdown) Edit Templates

In the list of templates that should appear, highlight 'footer' then click on the 'revert' button at the right hand side. This will set it back to the default. You can also use the 'View Original' button to check your code against the default version to see if anything's been changed in there...
                  Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                  - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Tacitus
                    • Oct 2006
                    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Trevster
                    No problem.

If you log into AdminCP then go to the following:

Styles & Templates > Style Manager > (from the dropdown) Edit Templates

In the list of templates that should appear, highlight 'footer' then click on the 'revert' button at the right hand side. This will set it back to the default. You can also use the 'View Original' button to check your code against the default version to see if anything's been changed in there...
                    I was looking in the actual files to edit the template!
                    Did as you suggest and get the reply 'nothing to do' - I only have the default template in use with no customisations apart from a graphic at the top.

Pretty sure I uploaded all of the new version files, but it still displays V3.6.8 as being in use despite what the CP says is 3.6.10

Everything seems to be working Ok, but it just leaves you with a niggling feeling that something may be stored up for later.

I'll try uploading everything except the image files, but 3.7 looks about ready. Since everything appears OK it might be better to wait and do the upgrade to that.

Thanks again
                    Last edited by Tacitus; Tue 29 Apr '08, 8:42am. Reason: News: 3.7 is now available

Comment