• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • REVHEAD
    • Nov 2007
    • 3.6.x

My RSS feeds have stopped working

Hi
    I have had a RSS poster robot for sometime now and havnt had a draqma with it untill a few days ago, It has stopped posting my feeds .

I have a few of them about 5, all from various sites around the web and they have all stopped working about 5 days ago, I have mad no changes to the site in this time, I have not done anything in admin cp or the server for a few weeks so this can not be a cause.

I did upgrade VB to 3.6.9 but this was yesterday and my feeds have not worked since before my upgrade.

Here is one of the errors it is throwing out for one of the feeds
    RSS Poster Robot

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to feeds.engadget.com:80 (Connection timed out) in /includes/class_rss_poster.php on line 95

Warning: Unable to fetch RSS Feed in /includes/class_rss_poster.php on line 222

Engadget Unable to open URL or no data returned
    RSS Feed Manager
    Done
    Any advice appreciated
    sigpic
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

That appears to be a generic connection error to the feed. What is the URL of that feed? I can test it on my forum. It might be a problem with the feed and not your forum.

Comment

• REVHEAD
      • Nov 2007
      • 3.6.x

Jake here is the url for the feed is http://feeds.engadget.com/weblogsinc/engadget , thanks

ASll my feeds are giving me the same result.
      sigpic

Comment

• peterska2
        • Oct 2003
        • 3.7.x

Going off how long it took that feed to open in my browser, I'm not surprized that it times out!

I have tested it on my forum, and it did run but it took a long time (over 5 mins). In saying that though, my server is pretty powerful and has very high timeout settings for php and mysql. On a standard server configuration it would simply time out.

Comment

• REVHEAD
          • Nov 2007
          • 3.6.x

OK may I ask then why is this happening to all my feeds? they are from differant sources , another example is
          Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to www.techpowerup.com:80 (Connection timed out) in /includes/class_rss_poster.php on line 95

and another
          Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to feeds.news.com.au:80 (Connection timed out) in /includes/class_rss_poster.php on line 95

Differant countries differant feeds, 3 various sources and all have stopped working as of lastweek for no apparent reason, this is not the source of the feeds that seems to be the problem.

Help appreciated.
          sigpic

Comment

• peterska2
            • Oct 2003
            • 3.7.x

Those are also the same error Connection Timed Out. Your server is timing out while reading and processing the feeds. This is a server issue and you should contact your host about this.

Comment

• REVHEAD
              • Nov 2007
              • 3.6.x

Ok thanks.
              sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...