X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FWS
    • Mar 2006
    • 3.5.x

change user names?

im having a complete blonde moment. is there a setting in can change, to allow users to change their user name?

thanks

susie
    www.fifewebsolutions.co.uk
    www.freevbulletintemplates.org - latest vbulletin skins
  • legionofangels2
    • Feb 2007

No.

This would require a modification or custom code, and you would need to probably ask at vbulletin.org.

Is it really impossible?

No, but if there is a way I'd love to hear it.

Aside from of course making all members of your board Administrators with "extremely" limited options in the admin cp, which I'm sure you'd have to allow them Edit User. Of which if you gave them that command, they could change everyone's user name, and password to, including yours. Not the best idea.

But I'd love to hear if there actually is a way, because that would be convenient.

Comment

• Nick
      • Feb 2008
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by legionofangels2
      No.

This would require a modification or custom code, and you would need to probably ask at vbulletin.org.

Is it really impossible?

No, but if there is a way I'd love to hear it.

Aside from of course making all members of your board Administrators with "extremely" limited options in the admin cp, which I'm sure you'd have to allow them Edit User. Of which if you gave them that command, they could change everyone's user name, and password to, including yours. Not the best idea.

But I'd love to hear if there actually is a way, because that would be convenient.
      Even though this is besides the point, you can prevent users from editing certain profiles (typically your own) in the */includes/config.php file.
      Regards,
      Nick

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...