X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Armee25
    • Mar 2008

Extra page on some posts?

Helo,

I hope i'm not annoying everyone with all my questions (but i'm very new to VB ).

Some members have reported having an extra page show up in some threads... that when clicked on, takes them back to that page - 1.

Here is an example to be more clear:

Let's say a thread shows 11 pages. When they click on the eleventh page, it takes them to page 10. As if there is nothing on page 11.

The odd thing is that I (as administrator) only see 10 pages for that thread !! So some people see that the thread has 11 pages, and some see it has 10. But the one's who see 11, when they click on 11... it takes them to the 10th page.

I hope it's clear...

Thank you

Also, an important detail is the fact that those users say they have not changed the default number of posts per page.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Do you have any members in the 'Tachy Goes to Coventry' setting? That would cause this.

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Banning Options -> Tachy Goes to Coventry
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Armee25
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Do you have any members in the 'Tachy Goes to Coventry' setting? That would cause this.

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Banning Options -> Tachy Goes to Coventry
      Yes i have one user in the tachy goes to coventry... and the threads that the users have reported seeing this error in are in fact threads that the user in tachy goes to coventry has posted in...

But why would i see 10 pages not 11 like the other users?

Either way... it's kinda annoying.

Thank you for your reply.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

It's been a 'bug' in vB since as long as I can remember. I think this is fixed in 3.7 but not sure about 3.6.9.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Armee25
          • Mar 2008

I'm on 3.6.9 ... so i guess it's not yet. I hope it's fixed on 3.7!!

Can't wait for it... not just for a fix... but because it has so many cool features.

Comment

• odeezie
            • Jan 2008
            • 3.6.x

Im on 3.7.2 and just had a user report seeing an extra page due to Tachy Goes to Coventry.

Comment