Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GoTTi
    • Jul 2002

html for admins only?

can i make it to where admins/staff can post HTML codes in new threads? with HTML disabled, i can't post html code in threads like i want to as an admin.

thanks
  • Hayk
    • Sep 2007
    • 5.2.x

Check usergroup permissions for admins, allow HTML - yes, although I would not recommend to use HTML
    vBProjects - Professional vBulletin Services and Solutions
    vBSpring - Premium vBulletin Add-ons

Comment

• GoTTi
      • Jul 2002

well i set the forum to allow html, and the regular usergroups to NO on html, and admin to yes on html, and when i input the html in a thread, it doesnt show like it should....

Comment

• Nick
        • Feb 2008
        • 3.8.x

Be sure you also configure the individual Forum's settings to allow HTML.
        Allowing that, in combination with the permissions you described above, it should work.

Regards,
        Nick

Comment

• legionofangels2
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GoTTi
          well i set the forum to allow html, and the regular usergroups to NO on html, and admin to yes on html, and when i input the html in a thread, it doesnt show like it should....
          That's because what they told you unfortunately does not work.

This is a setting that I think a majority of people want, but it's never been added to the stock vBulletin product.

If you do as they have told you what will happen is one of two things. You'll either not turn HTML on for the forum and even if you have the usergroups 'any of them' with HTML yes selected it will not show the HTML properly.

If you turn on HTML for any forum it will allow you to post HTML in those threads and it will show properly. Unfortunately you've now allowed all users to post HTML at the same time.

-----------------------------------------

There truly are 2 things you can do:

1) Turn HTML On for a forum, Post the HTML within thread or threads, then turn off posting in that forum but leave HTML on. This allows you to have the html show properly the drawback is that now it's a view only section and each time you want to add to it you have to reopen the forum for posting. Most people don't like this option but it worked for me in my video section.

2) Use this modification at vb.org.

This will allow you to choose which usergroups the HTML will parse for.

Comment

• jorgesito
            • Apr 2008

where do you turn html on and off?

Comment

• legionofangels2
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jorgesito
              where do you turn html on and off?
              Admin CP > Forums & Moderators > Forum Manager > Controls > Edit Forum > Allow HTML > Yes or No Radio Button

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...