X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darkblade
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.6.x

Post data not working

Alright, this is really strange. Go to any forum (let's take Site News & Updates as our example) and make a new thread. Now try to post up the exact message below in the "Message" field:

"Finally, after all the hard work with three working days, Metal Gear Forums is back online again and is currently being hosted on a brand new server. Some of you may even notice that the forums is loading much faster than the last time especially to those who had difficulties while browsing on the site. Now the forums should run better and faster, I hope, but please let me know by casting your vote on this poll. Bear in mind that this new server of ours is a paid one (no longer free) and the fact that I don't have a job yet so I won't be able to pay up for the server all by myself, therefore do expect the forums to get shut down due to unpaid billings anytime and anywhere. Though a little donation from our fans in here will definitely prevent that and keep this site alive and running.

As always, if there is anything you'd like to report about the new server such as downtimes, issues or anything else, please do not hesitate to contact us or you may use this thread for instance."

It should give you a "Page not found" error and I don't know why or how this is happening. I even tried on IE and Firefox, gives me the same error. Could it be because I've moved servers to Liquid Web's shared plan? I never had such problem as this on my previous host.
    Metal Gear Forums - Discussion on the popular series of computer and console stealth-based games.

My Mods: Coming Soon | My Tutorials: Coming Soon
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

You have your forums turned off at the moment, so I can't test this.

Are you seeing anything in your error_logs?

Can you post regular messages? Just not that particular one? If it is just that one, then I'm thinking it is some server setting (mod_security? suhosin?), but I'm not a server person so I really don't know what to suggest in that area.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Darkblade
      • Jul 2004
      • 3.6.x

I can't turn my forums online because of the issue that I'm having here, but I'm sure you get the point. What error_logs, by the way? And yeah, I can post regular messages. Well, that is a weird one.
      Metal Gear Forums - Discussion on the popular series of computer and console stealth-based games.

Comment

• peterska2
        • Oct 2003
        • 3.7.x

This may be due to mod_security. Please see this thread for the fix:

Comment

• Darkblade
          • Jul 2004
          • 3.6.x

Nope, nothing. Still having the same issue. Dear God!

Comment

• peterska2
            • Oct 2003
            • 3.7.x

Please follow up either in your ticket or on the forum. Do not use both for the same issue.

Comment

• Darkblade
              • Jul 2004
              • 3.6.x

I'm sorry, but I had to open up a support thread since you were a little slow on my issue.

Comment