X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grally
    • Mar 2008
    • 3.6.x

OK so like im trying to Create

A new Forum, and it keeps adding it under the general discussion forum, no matter what changes i make or tell it not too.

I click on Add new Forum, Next screen Comes up and at the top it Autmatically has ( Create forum Based off of) and the 1 Name of General Discussion.

Now even in the edit Boxes below it has a option of parent Forum and i select No one. but it still add it under General Discusion.

So how do i create Multiple Main Title and then forums in them, I know im missing something...and its driving me nuts..
  • Tigurius
    • May 2005

Create a new category by going "Add New Forum" and then somewhere along the option list it will say "Make forum" say no, it will make it a category. You can now add additional forums under this.
    For additional info on how to use vB you can view the user manual and search it by going to:

Comment

• Stilgar
      • Feb 2006
      • 4.0.x

As Tigurius said, you have to make a Category for the new forum to be in if you don't want it under "General Discussion". If a Category is not selected, it defaults to be under "General Discussion".

Make a forum act as a Category under Posting Options. Act as Forum (Will act as category if no) Set this to No.
      James

Comment

• Grally
        • Mar 2008
        • 3.6.x

Thanks guys that did it

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...