X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • msimplay
    • Feb 2003
    • 3.6.x

Remove linked guest names

On my old Invision Power Board I was guests were unlinked so members were unable to click on their name and go to a non existent profile. Currently they are linked in last post when guests post.
    It would also be nice to change the unregistered prefix to Guest
    rugs|cheap rugs|modern rugs|shaggy rugs|traditional rugs
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I can't duplicate this. Can you provide a link?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• msimplay
      • Feb 2003
      • 3.6.x

Check the Sport + Fitness section the last poster is Guest_Mick note it only applies to the last post table on the Forum home and Forum Display
      I'm sure this is the default behaviour that's why I asked if there is a way to unlink just the guests

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• msimplay
          • Feb 2003
          • 3.6.x

Done all that and removed xml files from the directory check for yourself I've changed the default skin to the new skin try making a guest post and it will still link the guest or unregistered members

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Hmmm...I really don't see how unless here was something wrong with the import. Fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• msimplay
              • Feb 2003
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              Hmmm...I really don't see how unless here was something wrong with the import. Fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
              This isn't an imported version of the database I reverted back to an old database and I'm only using Impex for the cleaner.php script at the moment

Comment

• msimplay
                • Feb 2003
                • 3.6.x

Is there anyway to stop the guest names being linked through means of a conditional ?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

This does not happen with the default vB so I do not know why it's happening to you or what caused it. Therefore it would be better to fix the real cause of the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• msimplay
                    • Feb 2003
                    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    This does not happen with the default vB so I do not know why it's happening to you or what caused it. Therefore it would be better to fix the real cause of the problem.
                    The support team said it does happen on default

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

Really? If so, then you need to followup in that appropriate support ticket. Do not have a thread and ticket for the same issue. Thank you.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• msimplay
                        • Feb 2003
                        • 3.6.x

Thanks for your help Steve

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

I have since learned that in fact I did not understand the issue correctly. My apologies.

Unfortunately I do not know of any query to remove those links.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• msimplay
                            • Feb 2003
                            • 3.6.x

Thats ok Steve but I was thinking there must be a way to do it through conditionals in the the templates I mean I know it would negate the use of phrases most likely but I only use English as my main language so phrases aren't that important to me.

I mean the code is already there to do it for the postbit

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...