X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shohin
    • Oct 2007
    • 3.6.x

Archive

I have a monthly contest and then people submit reviews/criticism on it. Is there any way to delete the thread and Archive it each month?

~Regards, Phil
  • Allnick
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.5.x

You could "Soft Delete" it, so as it is only viewable by Admin/Mods.

You could move it into a "Hidden Forum" only viewable if you know the url to the forum.

You could move it into a "Private Forum" only viewable by Admins.

Comment

• shohin
      • Oct 2007
      • 3.6.x

Hmmm....I could have sworn that on the former site I was on as a moderator that the Admin. was able to delete and move the thread to the Archive. At least that is what he told us he was doing. There must be a way of manually doing it rather than what you suggested although I appreciate the input/help.

Regards, Phil

Comment

• richpal
        • Aug 2006
        • 3.6.x

Do you mean the 'Default View Age' for the forum which you set from ADMIN CP > FORUM MANAGER > (Your forum) > DEFAULT VIEW AGE.

You can set this from the drop down box (which is the default date cut-off for thread display). There are some 12 selections to choose from.

Any threads from outside of this date range will not displayed in the forum, though I assume they will be shown in the archives.

Comment

• peterska2
          • Oct 2003
          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by shohin
          Hmmm....I could have sworn that on the former site I was on as a moderator that the Admin. was able to delete and move the thread to the Archive. At least that is what he told us he was doing. There must be a way of manually doing it rather than what you suggested although I appreciate the input/help.

Regards, Phil
          Most likely he was simply moving the thread into a staff only archive forum.

There is no archiving function in vBulletin. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at vBulletin.org.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...