X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eternal_
    • Mar 2007
    • 3.6.x

Reputation help

How do I get my green reputation bars to show up, I have only 1 green square, while members are getting more. It seems that as an admin/moderator my green boxes aren't showing I should have 3 or 4 now with all my reputation points but I still only have one. What's happening? Why are others getting more boxes, but Mine and the other mods / admins are not?
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Double check the number of rep points that you have:

Admin CP -> Users -> Search for Users

Find your account, edit your profile, and check your Reputation Level.

The scale of points per green dot is hard-coded into the includes/functions_reputation.php file. See the fetch_reputation_image() function. By default you get 1 bar per 100 reputation points.

Comment

• Eternal_
      • Mar 2007
      • 3.6.x

The problem is I have more points than other members and yet I only have one green box while some have 3. Is there somewhere I reset these? Since I know I have more points than other members, why is it not working?

Comment

• peterska2
        • Oct 2003
        • 3.7.x

How many reputation points have you got? Are you sure you are looking at reputation points and not reputation power?

Reputation points are displayed in your usercp at the bottom of the main usercp page.

Comment

• Eternal_
          • Mar 2007
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne
          How many reputation points have you got? Are you sure you are looking at reputation points and not reputation power?

Reputation points are displayed in your usercp at the bottom of the main usercp page.
          Ok I'm confused. Why does a member have Reputation level 205 and Reputation Power 26, whereas I who has way more posts, and has been on way longer has Reputation level of 16 and Reputation Power of 70

What is going on?
          Last edited by Eternal_; Sun 24 Feb '08, 4:00pm.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

The only way that could happen is if you installed add-ons to break this.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Eternal_
              • Mar 2007
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              The only way that could happen is if you installed add-ons to break this.
              no, it's not possible. My vbulletin is as virgin as it gets, I have never installed an add on, I wouldn't even know how. there's got to be something else wrong. How can I fix this please?

Am I, as an admin/moderator, giving more reputation points to members than they are able to give to me.

I noticed when I give someone reputation points "I approve" their reputation power jumps up 5 points. Do I have something set up wrong? I have it set up so when someone gets 11 reputation points they get 1 reputation power , so this would mean that when I'm giving someone "I approve" reputation they must be getting 11X5 points to get 5 reputation power points. That's a lot. But why isn't my level going up so much when someone gives me reputation "I approve"?
              Last edited by Eternal_; Sun 24 Feb '08, 4:15pm.

Comment

• Eternal_
                • Mar 2007
                • 3.6.x

vBulletin Options > User Reputation Options

How many wisdom points does an administrator give or take away with each click?

Set to 0 to have administrators follow the same rules as everyone else.
                I have this set to 0 so I should be giving the same as everyone else.

Comment

• Eternal_
                  • Mar 2007
                  • 3.6.x

How can I find out what the default is that members give when clicking "I approve"? Is it by default? Is it dependant on Usergroups?

Comment

• Eternal_
                    • Mar 2007
                    • 3.6.x

Something is strange...

I just went to User Reputation > View Reputation Comments and it seems that when I give someone an "I approve" message the number of points members are giving are always getting higher. Ie. according to the View Reputation Comments section when I first started giving points I was giving 10 points, now when I give someone an "I approve" they are getting 69. Just last week it said it was 55.

Does the number of points I give away grow the more often I give them away. Is this how it works for all members, as I see that other members are giving higher and higher point levels all the time. But the highest theirs are is 17 but most are around 8, whereas I'm already at 69.

Is it because I have so many posts and such a higher level of reputation power that I am giving more away whenever I click "I approve"

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      Former Customer Support Manager
                      • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Eternal_
                      no, it's not possible. My vbulletin is as virgin as it gets, I have never installed an add on, I wouldn't even know how. there's got to be something else wrong. How can I fix this please?
                      Okay then. Either I don't understand what the issue is or you know a lot more about vB than I do. I suspect the former. You might want to try explaining again.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• peterska2
                        • Oct 2003
                        • 3.7.x

Ok, I see whats going on here - a bit of confusion I'm afraid so lets get this sorted out

In your UserCP, where it says reputation points, this is the reputation that you have received. As people give you reputation this will increase, as they take it away (give negative reputation) it will decrease. For each 100 points you get another green dot displayed in your posts and profile.

In your posts, if it says Rep Power, this is how much reputation you give to others when you give them reputation. Giving negative reputation will take away half the amount of your Rep Power.

So, in terms of what is displayed in terms of green dots, you can see how much reputation someone has. I have one green dot, so my reputation is 1 or more but less than 100. Steve (the post above) has two green dots, so his reputation is between 100 and 199.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                          • Dec 2000
                          • 3.6.x

Also note that rep power is based on these factors:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Reputation Options

Check each rep factor to ensure they are set how you want.

Comment

• Eternal_
                            • Mar 2007
                            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne
                            Ok, I see whats going on here - a bit of confusion I'm afraid so lets get this sorted out

In your UserCP, where it says reputation points, this is the reputation that you have received. As people give you reputation this will increase, as they take it away (give negative reputation) it will decrease. For each 100 points you get another green dot displayed in your posts and profile.

In your posts, if it says Rep Power, this is how much reputation you give to others when you give them reputation. Giving negative reputation will take away half the amount of your Rep Power.

So, in terms of what is displayed in terms of green dots, you can see how much reputation someone has. I have one green dot, so my reputation is 1 or more but less than 100. Steve (the post above) has two green dots, so his reputation is between 100 and 199.

Thank you so much. For so many months I didn't understand how this rep points and rep power worked. Now I know that my rep power determines how much I give to others (and how much I take away by half). So in order for me to get more than just a few rep points when someone gives me reputation, the giver will have to have a higher rep power too.

The reason why others get so many points when I give reputation is because I've been getting lots of rep power for being on the forum the longest, making the most posts, etc.

Thank you so much for the clarification. I appreciate your feedback. I am totally clear on how the system works now. I just hope others with lots of rep power start giving me positive reputation That would be great. Thank you again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...