X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • droid101
    • Jan 2008
    • 3.6.x

403 Forbidden, .htaccess, and me

Okay, I did a search and found a few similar issues, but not identical, so I figured I'd post my own thread.

This morning when I tried to get to my site, I couldn't get to any page, it just said 403 Forbidden.

So... did some searching, found out about .htaccess files. So I was going to add one to my root, but noticed there was already one there. So I deleted it. Now I can get to my site just fine.

However, this worried me... I don't recall putting that .htaccess file there, and if I didn't do it, maybe it's necessary and it's going to screw things up later. Here's the code that was in the file:

PHP Code:
    RewriteEngine On

#                             # Block out any script trying to set a mosConfig value through the URL

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRINGmosConfig_[a-zA-Z_]{1,21}(=|\%3D) [OR]

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php [F,L
    So... do you think I did bad removing this? Should I put it back and find another solution to the 403 Forbidden?

Thank you so much in advance.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

I am not very fluent with htaccess. If no one else here is able to translate that for you then I recommend you ask in the server forum:

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...