X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SteveC
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.0.10+

Search for text containing %

A user of mine just ran into a problem. He wanted to search for posts containing the phrase "90%" since this was the outcome of a vote recently under discussion. The search returns a list of posts, but when you try to select one of them, you get an error message because in trying to highlight the text, %90 goes into the URL, and the browser misunderstands % as an instruction.

Is there a way around this?
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

What is the error message? I just tested this on my test forum and I didn't have any problems. I am not aware of the % symbol being a special character in URLs.

Comment

• SteveC
      • Dec 2005
      • 3.0.10+

this is the error message:

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /bbs/showthread.php could not be found on this server.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

This may be due to mod_security. Please see this thread for the fix:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• SteveC
          • Dec 2005
          • 3.0.10+

I did that and it hasn't changed the problem. What's odd is that the .htaccess file doesn't show up in file manager under cpanel, but when I use ftp to access the site, the file is there. do some ISPs not allow you to place an .htaccess file on the server?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

Some FTP browsers hide those files from view. And yes, some hosts don't allow htaccess files. In that case you would have to ask your host to disable mod_security on the server itself, or at least disable it for your account.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...