X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sff
    • Oct 2007
    • 3.6.x

My board is running slow

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, there wasnt an obvious place to put this request. I have been running 3.6.8 for 4 months and things have been fine until about 10 days ago when my site started running slow, sometimes taking a minute or more between pages. I have 5Gb of web space and a small forum.

Is it the server that is slow or could I check any of my settings?

Thanks for any help
    Last edited by sff; Tue 12 Feb '08, 1:22pm.
  • Selrion
    • Nov 2007
    • 3.8.x

May be the problem is in your Internet connection?

Comment

• sff
      • Oct 2007
      • 3.6.x

No, lots of my members are having the same problems in many parts of the country

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Are you on a shared server? Performance on shared servers is usually unreliable because of the other sites on the same server.

Here are some intensive features you can toggle to help performance:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Thread/Forum Read Marking Type

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forum Display Options (forumdisplay) -> Show Users Browsing Forums

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forums Home Page Options -> Display Logged in Users?

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Searching Options -> Search Engine Enabled

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Email Options -> Use Mailqueue System

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Update Thread / Attachment Views Immediately

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Plugin/Hook System -> Enable Plugin/Hook System

If you continue to have slowness problems then I recommend you post in the Server Configuration forum. Post the info requested in this thread and they will be able to make recommendations:

But if you are on a shared server then they will probably just tell you to upgrade to a better server.

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

You really haven't posted that much information. Like, do you know what your server loads are? Have they increased these last four months? And, I would assume you are on a shared server, so have you mentioned this to your host, maybe they are aware of it and working on it. And, lastly, have you installed any new modifications lately that may be having an affect on your forum speed?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• sff
            • Oct 2007
            • 3.6.x

Thanks for the help everyone. I will look at these options

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...