• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juicebox
    • Mar 2006
    • 3.6.x

Internal Server Error - vBulletin Options

Hello,

I registered a domain changed the nameservers and everything over 2 days ago. My host gave me a temp address I could use while my domain propagated. I've been using that and everything seems to be working fine. Now yesterday I noticed that my domain name was working so I started doing stuff from that url everything worked saving settings etc until I went into vBulletin Options - --Show All Settings-- clicked all settings and went down to the very bottom to click save and I get a Internal Server Error. I'm not sure what is going on here. If i go to the same exact page on the temp url I don't get any problems but now using my main domain name I am getting this error? I also just noticed I get this error in updating things in the user cp on the main domain yet still the same page works fine on the temp url. Any help?

Here is the exact error I am getting if it helps any
    ---
    Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.5 Server at www.mydomain.com Port 80
    Last edited by juicebox; Sat 9 Feb '08, 4:47am.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

That looks like a mod_security problem. This thread has some code you can put into a ".htaccess" file in your forum directory to disable mod_security:

Comment

• juicebox
      • Mar 2006
      • 3.6.x

I uploaded the ".htaccess" file to my /forum directory with the code you supplied but I am still getting the same error. Anything else I can try? Also http://www.liquidweb.com is my host for my domain if that can give any help?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

It could also be a permission problem with your forum files. The directories are usually CHMOD 755 and the files are usually 644. If that doesn't work then your host might need to look into this since an internal server error represents a server misconfiguration of some kind.

Comment

• juicebox
          • Mar 2006
          • 3.6.x

All my CHMOD's are correct. What should I say to my host because when I go the pre-propegation url I was given from my host everything DOES work. It's when I go to my www.domain.com site that I am having problems where some things work and others don't. Could it be a problem with my domain not being fully propegated yet? I'm not really sure?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

Be sure to mention the fact that the URL affects the error. They should be able to find the error in your server logs and resolve it.

Comment

• juicebox
              • Mar 2006
              • 3.6.x

Ok thank you

Comment