Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lee Herron
    • Jun 2001

Adding recent addition to db

Is it possible in any way to collect new additions of posts and/or new users after a certain date for import to a existing database?

Have a version of my db through 2/07/08 that has been updated to current vb version; threads updated as well as forum and search data - but the process has taken a few days putting new data from 02/07~02/09/08 outside of the transfer ..

Is there a method to bring the new db up to date with the live one?
    - lh
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

There is no easy way to merge new content from one database into another. You need to backup / restore the database as a whole.

Comment

• Lee Herron
      • Jun 2001

That's really too bad - the process of doing just that creates a couple of days loss alone - the rebuilding on my search indices took nearly 24 hours.

There should be a method for exporting user accounts created past a certain date at least ..
      - lh

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Try switching to the fulltext search engine:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Search Type (on the left, not the right)

Fulltext indices rebuild waaaay faster than the default vBulletin search engine.

Comment

• Lee Herron
          • Jun 2001

Just for the record, I dropped the db directly from a MySQL 3.23 install to the new 5.22 install and it worked! I have no idea what bad effects will result - but this is just staging at this point, will probably do an import of a dump before I go live.

Did take your advice and switched search type to fulltext.

Thanks!
          - lh

Comment