Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carsen
    • May 2007

My vBulletin was hacked?

How is this possible? I have paid a lot of money for my vBulletin software and to find this morning that my public forums have been hacked by someone.

http://www.cspboards.com is my forum URL, Can anyone PLEASE tell me how to fix this before I lose all my members and if the hacked comes back.

I am running vBulletin 3.6.8 PL2 which is the latest vB.

Regards,
    Carsen K.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Can you please start a support ticket and provide admincp and ftp logins? It looks like they may have direct database access as there are no known vunl for vBulletin 3.6.8 PL2 at this time.

Comment

• Carlos X
      Banned
      • Jan 2006
      • 3.6.x

-Weak server password
      -Weak VB password
      -Older VB version number (That's why you upgrade with every version released, or a major release).

-Trust within the staff/mod team/Inside Job
      -Hate from one of your members.

And YOU MUST HAVE A BACKUP of every major milestone...So, I hope you have a prior backup of your forum database.

Comment

• Carsen
        • May 2007

Originally posted by Carlos X
        -Weak server password
        -Weak VB password
        -Older VB version number (That's why you upgrade with every version released, or a major release).

-Trust within the staff/mod team/Inside Job
        -Hate from one of your members.

And YOU MUST HAVE A BACKUP of every major milestone...So, I hope you have a prior backup of your forum database.
        My passwords including numbers and letters and are more than 10 characters long. CSPBoards has been running the latest version of vBulletin for awhile now.

My staff is hand picked and they have been Staff for many years now.

I recently noticed a user that registered and posted on comment to someone and had Arabic in his signature, He might be a suspect because shortly after the site was hacked.

Regards,
        Carsen K.

I will submit a ticket now.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Please see this thread on how to make your vBulletin more secure:

If you are still being hacked after doing all of this, then they are most likely doing this by accessing your server. You need to contact your host about this.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...