Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Quarterbore
    • Mar 2005

ERROR: phrase marked as crashed and should be repaired

OK, I have been asked to help a site admin out with this error and I am really not sure what I need to do...

I do not know all of the details but they were trying to do an upgrade and obviously their phrase table got corrupted.

The error is all kinds of pages and it is formated like this:

Database error in vBulletin 3.6.8:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT COUNT(*) AS total
    FROM phrase AS phrase
    WHERE languageid IN(-1, 0)
    AND fieldname = 'global';

MySQL Error : Table './XXXXX/phrase' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
    Error Number : 145
    Date : Thursday, February 7th 2008 @ 01:27:00 PM
    Script : http://www.XXXXX.com/forums/admincp/...eldname=global
    Referrer : http://www.XXXXX.com/forums/admincp/index.php?do=nav
    IP Address : XXXXXXXXXX
    Username : XXXXXXXXXX
    Classname : vB_Database
    I have tried to go into the AdminCP >> Repair / Optimize Tables tool and that did not solve the issue. The tool does indicate that the table is corrupted and needs to be rebuilt and teh size is reported to be 0kb.

I also tried going into AdminCP >> Languages & Phrases >> Rebuild All Languages and that did not help....

I also tried using MyPHPAdmin to run the Repair directly

Can I get another idea on how the phrase table can be rebuilt? Should I advise the Site Admin to download the latest 3.6.x version and run the upgrade script to rebuild their languages and phrases tabes? That is my logical guess but this is the first time I have seen this error so I am looking for advise first!
    Last edited by Quarterbore; Thu 7 Feb '08, 11:40am.
    vBClassified.com
    TimeshareForums.com
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Check out this thread for other ways to repair a db:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Quarterbore
      • Mar 2005

Thanks, we seem to have got the database repaired but now we seem to have a number of standard vBulletin phrases that are missing.

For example: 'login' 'cookieclear' and others...

We tried uploading the full 3.6.8. upgrade package and run the:

It ran through the process of building the language and we still have missing phrases....

Is there a way to get the missing vBulletin phrases back?
      vBClassified.com
      TimeshareForums.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Try this. Reupload the original vbulletin-language.xml file to the install directory. Then upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory and run it from your browser. Then reimport the vbulletin-language.xml file. Immediately remove tools.php when you are done.

Then run this in the Admin CP:

AdminCP -> Languages & Phrases -> Language Manager -> [Rebuild All Languages]
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Quarterbore
          • Mar 2005

Well, with a little beating on the database we got it...

We did run the install script but still had missing phrases. We went back to the AdminCP utilities to rebuild the tables and it gave an error telling us to run the sql command to rebuild the PHRASE table. So, we did that in myphpadmin and re-ran the utility to check and repair tables and the table was better...

So, it looks like we are back to 100%

Also, I added an CRON to do automatic backups for the site so that if the site has the same issue again next time we can go to a backup and just grab the PHRASE table (or what ever crashed) and just replace it....

Directions here:

This took over 2-hours to fix where if they had done daily backups we could have fixed it in about 10-15 minutes... Backups really are our friend!
          vBClassified.com
          TimeshareForums.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...