X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CaptainBlue
    • Oct 2004
    • 3.6.x

Last Post/Last Edited

One of our members has pointed out that there's an issue with last posted dates and last edited dates.

If there's a sticky posted with, say, some rules, the Last Post column in the forum view will show the date it was posted.

If someone then comes along and edits that post, no matter how long afterwards, the forum view still shows the original message date and the forum and post view icons remain the same (i.e. the thread or the forum are read with no new messages).

How then will someone be alerted that rules have changed without the editor having to add a long list of "rules updated" comments to the thread? Otherwise no-one will know that the main elements of the original post have changed.
    --
    Richard Morris
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

That is limited by this setting:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Posting and Editing Options -> Time Limit on Editing of Thread Title

After that limit has expired only admins / mods can edit the thread title.

Comment

• CaptainBlue
      • Oct 2004
      • 3.6.x

No you've missed the point (as I did at first). It's not about editing the posts: it's about the dates that are reported as the Last Post date.
      --
      Richard Morris

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

The last post date is simply that - the date when the last post was posted. It isn't the date it was last edited. If you need people to know that a sticky has been changed, probably the best thing to do is to make a post stating what changes were made. That way the last post date is changed and there is a post outlining the changes.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...