Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aladav
    • Apr 2007

Problem with update to 3.6.8 pl 2

I downloaded the lasted update, followed the manual on updating. It seemed to go through all the updating fine. But my admin says I have 3.6.8, but the forum itself says at the bottom it is powered by 3.6.7. Did something not get updated correctly?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This means that you have either modified your footer template or the 'powered_by_vbulletin' phrase.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Aladav
      • Apr 2007

Then the update has occurred correctly? What should the footer template be so that it shows current version? And how do I fix it?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Revert your footer template.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Aladav
          • Apr 2007

It says the footer template has not been customized when I try to revert, following the directions in the manual. I never did change it. So perhaps the update did not work, though I don't know why the bottom of the admin page shows the correct version. This is at the bottom of the admin pages
          vBulletin® v3.6.8 Patch Level 2, Copyright ©2000-2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This is at the bottom of the forum page
          Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
          Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

The footer is not modified.

When I try the install file again, I get an error message. Same if I re-upload everything and try again. It says

Your vBulletin (3.6.7) does not appear to be running the version that was downloaded (3.6.8).
          This generally means your upgrade was not successful. Please ensure that you have uploaded the latest files and click here to try again.
          If you are sure you wish to continue with this part of the upgrade, click here.

I guess I can just try again, download everything, upload everything, try installing again. Unless there is something better I should do?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Please see the last half of my sentence in post #2.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Aladav
              • Apr 2007

Please see my post 5 above. I did not change the footer template or the copyright notice. I have not changed any templates - I don't have that skill.

As I said in that post, My adminCP says they are not changed when I try to revert, so there is nothing to revert. So there is nothing that needs reverting.

I went through the steps in the manual

3. Revert the 'powered_by_vbulletin' phrase
              AdminCP -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases -> enter 'powered_by_vbulletin' -> select 'Phrase Variable Name Only ' -> Click the 'Find' button -> Click the 'Copy Default Text' -> Save

And this did not change the footer saying that the version is 3.6.7 whereas the admin CP says the version is 3.6.8.

When I redownload, reupload, reinstall, I get the same error message as I told you in my post 5.

I guess I will have to wait until the next update to see if that fixes it.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Pleas see post #2. This are the only possible causes of this issue that I know of.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Aladav
                  • Apr 2007

I guess this is something new, because I did not modify my footer, and there is nothing to revert to, as the adminCP says it has not been modified. Really and truly. I am not the most knowlegable forum administration, but I know how to follow directions. And yes, I could have done something stupid, somewhere, some time, inadvertently, but I can't find or solve it by just referring to your post 2 and trying to revert, as what is there is the original. This is what the admin CP says about the footer. So please tell me what I need to fix to have the forum footer say the same version as the adminCP footer.

footer:

This template has not been customized in this style or any of its parent styles.

Double-click the template name or click the 'Customize' button to add a customized version of this template to the current style and its child sets.

Last edited May 29 2006 at 09:20 by Ed Sullivan

And this is what is in the footer

<br />
                  <div class="smallfont" align="center">$vbphrase[all_times_are_gmt_x_time_now_is_y]</div>
                  <br />

$spacer_close
                  <!-- /content area table -->

<form action="$vboptions[forumhome].php" method="get">

<table cellpadding="$stylevar[cellpadding]" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="$stylevar[outertablewidth]" class="page" align="center">
                  <tr>
                  <if condition="$show['quickchooser']">
                  <td class="tfoot">
                  <select name="styleid" onchange="switch_id(this, 'style')">
                  <optgroup label="$vbphrase[quick_style_chooser]">
                  $quickchooserbits
                  </optgroup>
                  </select>
                  </td>
                  </if>
                  <if condition="$show['languagechooser']">
                  <td class="tfoot">
                  <select name="langid" onchange="switch_id(this, 'lang')">
                  <optgroup label="$vbphrase[quick_language_chooser]">
                  $languagechooserbits
                  </optgroup>
                  </select>
                  </td>
                  </if>
                  <td class="tfoot" align="$stylevar[right]" width="100%">
                  <div class="smallfont">
                  <strong>
                  <if condition="$show['contactus']"><a href="$vboptions[contactuslink]" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[contact_us]</a> -</if>
                  <if condition="$vboptions['hometitle']"><a href="$vboptions[homeurl]">$vboptions[hometitle]</a> -</if>
                  <if condition="$show['admincplink']"><a href="$admincpdir/index.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[admin]</a> -</if>
                  <if condition="$show['modcplink']"><a href="$modcpdir/index.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[mod]</a> -</if>
                  <if condition="$vboptions['archiveenabled']"><a href="archive/index.php">$vbphrase[archive]</a> -</if>
                  <if condition="$vboptions[privacyurl]"><a href="$vboptions[privacyurl]">$vbphrase[privacy_statement]</a> -</if>
                  <a href="#top" onclick="self.scrollTo(0, 0); return false;">$vbphrase[top]</a>
                  </strong>
                  </div>
                  </td>
                  </tr>
                  </table>

<br />

<div align="center">
                  <div class="smallfont" align="center">
                  <!-- Do not remove this copyright notice -->
                  $vbphrase[powered_by_vbulletin]
                  <!-- Do not remove this copyright notice -->
                  </div>

<div class="smallfont" align="center">
                  <!-- Do not remove $cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
                  $cronimage
                  <!-- Do not remove $cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->

$vboptions[copyrighttext]
                  </div>
                  </div>

</form>

<if condition="$show['dst_correction']">
                  <!-- auto DST correction code -->
                  <form action="profile.php?do=dst" method="post" name="dstform">
                  <input type="hidden" name="s" value="$session[sessionhash]" />
                  <input type="hidden" name="do" value="dst" />
                  </form>
                  <script type="text/javascript">
                  <!--
                  var tzOffset = $bbuserinfo[timezoneoffset] + $bbuserinfo[dstonoff];
                  var utcOffset = new Date().getTimezoneOffset() / 60;
                  if (Math.abs(tzOffset + utcOffset) == 1)
                  { // Dst offset is 1 so its changed
                  document.forms.dstform.submit();
                  }
                  //-->
                  </script>
                  <!-- / auto DST correction code -->

</if>
                  <script type="text/javascript">
                  <!--
                  // Main vBulletin Javascript Initialization
                  vBulletin_init();
                  //-->
                  </script>

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

Have you thought about running the upgrade script again? (not install.php but upgrade.php)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Aladav
                      • Apr 2007

I believe that is the script I ran at first. But I did try again. Same error message.

However, I did downoad, upload to my web site, and ran the upgrade script a third time. This time, I ran it from Internet Explorer instead of Firefox. And this time it worked, the version numbers match.

Thanks both for trying to help. I appreciate it.

Comment

• Lynne
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Aladav
                        However, I did downoad, upload to my web site, and ran the upgrade script a third time. This time, I ran it from Internet Explorer instead of Firefox. And this time it worked, the version numbers match.
                        That is very weird. I always use firefox (actually, I'm on a Mac, so I don't even have IE) and haven't ever had that problem. Strange. But, I'm glad you've got it all up and running correctly now.

What version were you upgrading *from*? Could this have been a cache issue?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Aladav
                          • Apr 2007

I don't know that it was firefox, just that it finally worked the third time and I used IE the third time and not second or first. I was upgrading from 3.6.7. Don't think I was using a cache, since that was quite some time ago when I upgraded to 3.6.7. Had no trouble then, and was using firefox then. I do have only one add-in on firefox, NoScript. Maybe that messed it up, though I thought I had it set to allow scripts - at least it was not red. And I have always had noScript, I thought even for the last update. But maybe that was the problem.

Wish I had a mac still...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...