X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HacknSlash
    • Nov 2007
    • 3.6.x

recurring payments and usergroup promotions

I want to be able to take recurring payments (paid subscripions) but each month give access to a new forum, so this is what I have thought of:

1. set up 12 month subscription.

when the user initialy subscribes they are moved to a new primary user group called subMember. they are also set an additional usergroup subForum1

I setup a promotion for additional usergroup subForum1 to be moved to additional usergroup subForum2 after 30 days (dont think i can do it via caleder month).

I set up a second promtion for additional usergroup subForum2 to upgrade to to additional usergroup subForum3 after 30 days... and so on untill end of the subscription.

The primary usergroup does not change only the additional usergroup.

Can anyone see any problems in doing it this way?

thanks

HacknSlash
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

There is no mechanism that would allow for promotions based on the date of purchase. To increase the permissions of paid subscribers you would normally just edit the permissions of the primary group to which the users were moved when they purchased the subscription.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...