X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • attroll
    • Jan 2003
    • 4.2.X

7 characters long

I was wondering if anyone else had had any users run into this problem and if so what the problem might be?

I have one user that gets the following error message when he types a message "your reply must be at least 7 characters long". The message he is typing it well over 7 characters long and he still gets this message.

I am sure this is not a VB issue but I was hoping that someone could help me out with this because this is not the first time I have had a user have this problem.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Can you duplicate this yourself? The most likely explanation is that he is using quotes or other BB Code that is not counted as part of the character count.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• attroll
      • Jan 2003
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Can you duplicate this yourself? The most likely explanation is that he is using quotes or other BB Code that is not counted as part of the character count.
      No Steve I can not duplicate this myself. It is just one user that is having this problem at this time. I have seen this happen on other VB sites before using IE but having now problems with FF and this is the first time I have had a user complain on my web site about it. I was hoping that someone else might have had this same issue once before and could shed some light on this and maybe tell me what could be causing this problem that my user is having.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Well I gave you the most likely explanation. Since it's only one user I'm pretty sure it's a problem on his end.

If you want you can login as this user to see if you have the same problem. If you don't, then the cause is somewhere on their end. Other than the obvious which I've already mentioned, some possibilities are: browsers, browser settings, Internet and security settings, ISP and/or cache issues, firewalls, ad-blockers, spyware, proxies and any other application that affects Internet content.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• attroll
          • Jan 2003
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Well I gave you the most likely explanation. Since it's only one user I'm pretty sure it's a problem on his end.

If you want you can login as this user to see if you have the same problem. If you don't, then the cause is somewhere on their end. Other than the obvious which I've already mentioned, some possibilities are: browsers, browser settings, Internet and security settings, ISP and/or cache issues, firewalls, ad-blockers, spyware, proxies and any other application that affects Internet content.
          Thank you Steve.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...