You do not have permission to access this page!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theparentpack
    • May 2007
    • 3.8.x

You do not have permission to access this page!

How do I get rid of this?...When my members log in they get this message, what do I need to do to eliminate this:

TJ'sFOXYMOMA, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Last edited by theparentpack; Mon 7 Jan '08, 6:21pm.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Check the overall Usergroup permissions:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup

And the Forum permissions for each forum and Usergroup:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• theparentpack
      • May 2007
      • 3.8.x

The forum permissions have been set and until today allowed our members to have siggys. Today the members who are not administrators no longer have siggys. No permissions have been changed.

When I save a siggy, I can see it in the user cp, but not in the posts.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

If the permissions really are correct, then the only other possibility is that a modification you installed is causing this.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default tem
        plates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• theparentpack
          • May 2007
          • 3.8.x

What would I be checking the usergroups for? All members except admin are given the "you do not have permission to access this page" message after login. It is not allowing my members (with the exception of admin) to access my vBa CMPS homepage. They are able to access the forums if they click on the forums link, but cannot access our hompage. Any ideas?

Originally posted by theparentpack
          How do I get rid of this?...When my members log in they get this message, what do I need to do to eliminate this:

TJ'sFOXYMOMA, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
          1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
          2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
          Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Check the overall Usergroup permissions:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup

And the Forum permissions for each forum and Usergroup:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

You said this is not a permissions issue. The next step is following my suggesions. It sounds like a problem with a modiication you've installed.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• theparentpack
              • May 2007
              • 3.8.x

ok after following your instructions the following is the results of my suspect file version:

Suspect File Versions Scanned 47 files
              ./ advertisement.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin config.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin usa.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin Scanned 53 files
              ./admincp vb_ad_management.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin vba_cmps_admin.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin vbacmps_install.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin Scanned 3 files
              ./archive Scanned 34 files
              ./clientscript recreatead.js File not recognized as part of vBulletin recreatead_custom.js File not recognized as part of vBulletin vba_cmps_admin.js File not recognized as part of vBulletin Scanned 3 files
              ./clientscript/yui Scanned 2 files
              ./images/regimage/fonts Scanned 101 files
              ./includes vba_cmps_adminfunctions.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin vba_cmps_error.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin vba_cmps_global.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin vba_cmps_include_bottom.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin vba_cmps_include_output.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin vba_cmps_include_template.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin vba_cmps_include_top.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin vba_cmps_plugin_newpost.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin Scanned 19 files
              ./includes/cron rsvp_notify.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin Scanned 8 files
              ./includes/paymentapi Scanned 10 files
              ./includes/xml cpnav_vb_ad_management.xml File not recognized as part of vBulletin cpnav_vbacmps.xml File not recognized as part of vBulletin hooks_vbacmps.xml File not recognized as part of vBulletin Scanned 70 files
              ./install Scanned 10 files
              ./modcp

Now what?

Comment

• Jason2
                • Dec 2007
                • 3.6.x

That`s fine. Have you re-uploaded all non-image files (except install.php) and disabled the plugin system by adding this '<?php'right under in the config.php;

If you`ve removed all hacks ect it should work. If not, create a new style, and choose no parent style.
                This will force it to use the default tem
                plates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Regards Jason

Comment

• theparentpack
                  • May 2007
                  • 3.8.x

I just realized that I posted about my siggy issue in this post accidentally. I was referring to the siggy issues when I said it was not a permission issue.

I don't know how the permissions affect access to my vBa CMPS homepage? Can you help me check those permissions. Where do I go to check those permissions since they are not forum permissions?

I have followed your instructions. It seems that new registrations and administrators have access to the homepage, but the same members that were getting the message are still getting the message and cannot access the new homepage. So now what do I need to do?

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  You said this is not a permissions issue. The next step is following my suggesions. It sounds like a problem with a modiication you've installed.
                  Originally posted by Jason2
                  That`s fine. Have you re-uploaded all non-image files (except install.php) and disabled the plugin system by adding this '<?php'right under in the config.php;

If you`ve removed all hacks ect it should work. If not, create a new style, and choose no parent style.
                  This will force it to use the default tem

Regards Jason

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

We cannot help with vBAdvanced or if you are running vBAdvanced.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• theparentpack
                      • May 2007
                      • 3.8.x

Gotcha, I will check in with them, thanks for all your help! Any ideas about the missing siggy's?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...