X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vmacedonia
    • Mar 2007
    • 3.6.x

Mass moving users with same user name

I have members with the same user name that need to be moved to another group.
    How to I do that, the "Prune / Move Users" section doesn't have this kind of option?
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

vBulletin should not allow users to have the same username. Were those users inserted by some other means?

You can always use a direct query to move certain users. What is the criteria?

Comment

• vmacedonia
      • Mar 2007
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      vBulletin should not allow users to have the same username. Were those users inserted by some other means?

You can always use a direct query to move certain users. What is the criteria?
      Yes, imported from Snitz.
      Large number of members with the same user name must be transfered to another new group so don't be show on member list etc.

Member by member transferring will need a lot of time.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

ImpEx should have prefixed the duplicate imported usernames with "imported_". But the username is not required to move people from one group to another. You can do this in your:

Admin CP -> Users -> Prune / Move Users

All imported users are put into imported groups, so just select whatever group they are in.

Comment

• vmacedonia
          • Mar 2007
          • 3.6.x

Members that now have the same user names was "deleted" members.
          Snitz function's on that way so deleted member are not physically deleted but just renamed to "n/a" because at any time the member may be returned (from deleted) with the old user name.

When Impex imported this members, all have the same user name but are with different number of post and day of registering. Imported members (including them) are now transfered to "registered group". The "Prune / Move Users" doesn't fits the needs for this kind of task at this moment.

Is there some query for this?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

So what exactly do you need to do? Are you trying to delete one of two duplicate usernames for all duplicate usernames? There is no feature for that, nor do I know of any easy query.

vBulletin does not allow duplicate usernames. I would call this an import problem if not a problem with the source data. Duplicate usernames won't work.

Comment

• vmacedonia
              • Mar 2007
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
              So what exactly do you need to do? Are you trying to delete one of two duplicate usernames for all duplicate usernames? There is no feature for that, nor do I know of any easy query.

vBulletin does not allow duplicate usernames. I would call this an import problem if not a problem with the source data. Duplicate usernames won't work.
              Sorry for this late reply.

Let's say it was an import problem, how to we fix it?
              I have around 700 members with the same user name but all with a different unique user ID.

imported_VMOldUser = UserID 15
              imported_VMOldUser = UserID 18
              imported_VMOldUser = UserID 138
              etc.

How to transfer all of this members to another group so they don't be displayed in members list, birthday list and so on?

It's a lot of work to be done manually, one by one. First I need to change their name (example: imported_VMOldUser15, imported_VMOldUser18...), then change their user group...

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                • Dec 2000
                • 3.6.x

vBulletin does not allow duplicate usernames. If your source forum has duplicate usernames then those will need to be cleaned up before running the import. For import problems like this you need to fix the problem and then rerun the import.

After you finish the import then you can edit your group permissions to hide people on the member list, hide their birthdays, etc:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...