X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Apokalupsis
    • Feb 2002
    • 3.6.x

Upgrading to PHP 5.0 has slowed down my site

Need help optimizing my site/server. My host recently moved us to an "upgraded" server.

Instead of PHP 4.4.4, we are now on PHP 5.2.4. Instead of MySQL 5.1.22-standard (I think that is what it was), we are now on 5.0.27-standard.

As a result, a few of our features went kaput (but this may also be due to other things not being installed on the server that they may require...I don't know). I've disabled several mods, but simple things like posting, previewing, etc... are now taking longer. We were told that this shared server had fewer clients on it and would be faster.

Before I contact the host and let them know about the seemingly slower speed, I'd like to at least get more info on the best optimizing that can be done.

From my admin cp, here is the info that may be relevant thus far:

Server Type Linux
    Web Server cgi
    PHP 5.2.4
    PHP Max Post Size 8.00 MB
    PHP Maximum Upload Size 2.00 MB
    PHP Memory Limit 128.00 MB
    MySQL Version 5.0.27-standard
    MySQL Packet Size 15.00 MB
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Here are some intensive features that you can toggle to help performance:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Thread/Forum Read Marking Type

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forum Display Options (forumdisplay) -> Show Users Browsing Forums

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forums Home Page Options -> Display Logged in Users?

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Searching Options -> Search Engine Enabled

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Email Options -> Use Mailqueue System

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Update Thread / Attachment Views Immediately

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Plugin/Hook System -> Enable Plugin/Hook System

If you continue to have slowness problems then I recommend you post in the Server Configuration forum. Post the info requested in this thread and they will be able to make recommendations:

However, the typical solution for performance problems on a shared server is to upgrade to a better server (dedicated or semi-dedicated).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...