• Show
Clear All
  • soniceffect
    • Feb 2005
    • 4.2.X

New threads goin in subforums

Originally posted by My post on VB.org
    Hello People,
    Please could someone let me know what I'm doing wrong here. An admin on my forums has changed something in the setting and I'm not sure what exactly he's done, however it seems that when I click 'New thread' in a main forum, it creates it in the subforum.

EG.

-MAIN (I click new thread within here)
    --subOfMain (when the new thread screen opens, it is posting the thread here)

I'm sure its something really simple, and seem to remember this happening to me before but I cant for the life of me find it lol
    Have posted this on vb.org. Anyone on here know what it is I have done wrong? It driving me nuts lol
    Husky Owners Forum - For all Siberian Husky Owners
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

I have never heard of a problem like this. Do you have any customizations installed? You can temporarily disable your customizations to see if that is causing the problem. Try to reproduce it on a default style:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]

Create a new style with no parent. Then click that style's name in the Style Manager to view your forum with that style.

If you still have the problem then try disabling your plugins:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Plugin/Hook System

Also run a file check to look for customized files:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Comment

• soniceffect
      • Feb 2005
      • 4.2.X

Happening on all styles including default. Have loads of plugins installed however none that have been added lately. Will follow the advise of disabling them anyways though. Cheers for the responce and I'll let ya's know if I find what it is.

EDIT

e-steki Featured threads Version 1.1 was what cause the problem, so its now fixed. Just thought I'd let you's know incase you have anyone else with the same problem
      Last edited by soniceffect; Tue 1 Jan '08, 1:09pm.
      Husky Owners Forum - For all Siberian Husky Owners

Comment

• Veebulletan
        • Feb 2008
        • 3.6.x

I want to chime in that I also experienced this same issue and found that the Featured Threads add-on was the culprit.

Comment

• Spikeman
          • Aug 2006
          • 3.6.x

Same here

OMG thank you guys, just spent hours trying to work this out! e-steki Featured threads Version 1.1 to blame here to.
          iPhone Beta Tester

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...