X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanCanCase
    • Dec 2007

RSS PostBot help (please)

Hi all!

I'm trying to use the {rss:PubDate} variable in the title mask in the RSS Feed Manager (as per this post.)

I've previewed the feed, and all looks great... but... The PubDate also includes the time and GMT offset so that my titles look like this: "Fri, 26 Jan 2007 21:21:03 -0900 - MY SUBJECT/TITLE HERE"

Is there any way to "mask out" the time and offset so that the title will read, "Fri, 26 Jan 2007 - MY SUBJECT/TITLE HERE" ?? (If it matters, I'm a newbie to all of this dynamic publishing stuff... please be nice! )

TIA!
    -Case
    Last edited by CanCanCase; Wed 26 Dec '07, 1:03pm. Reason: Added subscription to thread...
    Alaskan Marine Adventures
    Voted Juneau's Favorite Charter Service!
    www.Charter-Alaska.com
    (907) 789-FISH
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

If the time and offset are part of the same field (PubDate) then you can't remove just those things. There is no option to take only part of the value of a field.

Comment

• CanCanCase
      • Dec 2007

I was afraid of that.

Well, since I publish the blog that's providing the feed, maybe there's a way to scale back what's included in the field to begin with? Since this isn't really a vBulletin issue, are there any guesses as to whether this is an RSS issue, or a blogging software issue?

Thanks (again)...
      -Case
      Alaskan Marine Adventures
      Voted Juneau's Favorite Charter Service!
      www.Charter-Alaska.com
      (907) 789-FISH

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

You should be able to remove the extra time / offset stuff from that field if you control the source of the feed. That would have to be done in the software that is generating the feed, not vBulletin.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...