X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devile
    • Oct 2006
    • 3.6.x

How to Disable Database Error mails?

I know there's an option at the "Error Handling & Logging" section, but connection errors are still sent even if u disable email sending. In a busy forum, this can easily be thousands of mails in few minutes.

I cant increase the number of DB connections til I upgrade my hardware, and during some hours of the day I have "too many connections" errors, causing a lot of emails sent. These emails besides being annoying, are actually consuming resources which I dont have.

Anyone knows a way to completely disable them? I'm logging all to a file anyway, dont need emails to notice a problem. Done searches about this, but havent found a way to solve this.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

They shouldn't be, assuming you have set this correctly. You can also remove the technicalemail address from config.php.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• peterska2
      • Oct 2003
      • 3.7.x

Database connection errors will be sent via email to the email address in config.php You may wish to change this to a different email account that can be used exclusively for error messages to be sent to if the number being recieved is causing a problem.

Comment

• Devile
        • Oct 2006
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        They shouldn't be, assuming you have set this correctly. You can also remove the technicalemail address from config.php.
        According to the manual and the option itself, it says "Error reports about database connection errors will still be sent.". So I guess its working properly. Still I dont want any mail with database connection errors. If I do this, will it "break" anything else? Or the technicalemail address is just used for this?

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne
        Database connection errors will be sent via email to the email address in config.php You may wish to change this to a different email account that can be used exclusively for error messages to be sent to if the number being recieved is causing a problem.
        I already changed this to an exclusive email, but still, 4000 emails in few minutes causes some useless load on my box. All mails being exactly the same, I dont see a point for them. Rather have just 1, or none if there's no choice.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...