X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soletrader
    • Jul 2006

Installing two forums.... how?

Hi,

I currently have a forum installed on my site. I want to create a new forum for VIP members only.

I have another domain registered and would like to install it there. Do I need a new license for this?

How would I go about installing a forum without purchasing a seperate license? Thanks
  • mlx
    • Jan 2001
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by soletrader
    I currently have a forum installed on my site. I want to create a new forum for VIP members only.

I have another domain registered and would like to install it there. Do I need a new license for this?
    I'd say yes.

Originally posted by soletrader
    How would I go about installing a forum without purchasing a seperate license? Thanks
    The only thing that's allowed is setting up a 2nd internal vBulletin for testing purposes in a password protected folder called "testvb". What you are about to do doesn't sound internal to me though. So I doubt that this is possible without a 2nd license.
    Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and vB3Forever.org!

Comment

• soletrader
      • Jul 2006

Okay, upon purchasing a new license can the two boards be connected so that users do not need to register twice?

Comment

• mlx
        • Jan 2001
        • 3.8.x

Not sure if that's easily possible, at least it's not officially supported. So you might want to look at vbulletin.org I guess. Or ask for it there.

Just an idea though ... if you want to have the same member base anyway, why not simply setup another sub-forum and limit it to a certain VIP usergroup. You can customize the style of the sub-forum too. And setting this up within your existing installation doesn't require another license either.
        Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and vB3Forever.org!

Comment

• soletrader
          • Jul 2006

Yes, but I cant make alot of hacks available work only for that particular subforum. Thanks for the replies though.... I will research around to see my options.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...