X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jason2
    • Dec 2007
    • 3.6.x

style

Can you change the style to 'styleid1' by editing a file? Because I've got a style called 'styleid2' and I want it too be 'styleid1'.

Regards Jason
    Last edited by Jason2; Thu 20 Dec '07, 8:26am.
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

Is this the actual style name or the style id number?

The style name can be changed by clicking Edit Style in the style manager

The Style ID cannot be changed.

Comment

• Jason2
      • Dec 2007
      • 3.6.x

I was on about the style ID lol.... Because I have another style and deleted the default style - styleid1.

One more question; Is it safe for me to upgrade my forums to 3.7 beta 3 on a live forum?

Regards Jason

Comment

• loaf
        • Jun 2007
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Jason2
        One more question; Is it safe for me to upgrade my forums to 3.7 beta 3 on a live forum?
        Taken from the BIG RED text in the release announcement:

THIS IS BETA SOFTWARE.
        IT IS UNSUPPORTED.

If you are not fully at home with backing-up and restoring your forum, dealing with bugs and regular upgrades, DO NOT INSTALL THIS BETA VERSION
        It's beta software. It's not a stable release. So "safe" is not a word that many people would apply to it, no matter who makes it or what software it is.

Comment

• peterska2
          • Oct 2003
          • 3.7.x

You cannot change the style id numbers. They are only for internal use and have no effect on your forums or your users in any way.

You should not run beta software on a live forum. We do not support it so if you are at all unsure about solving issues with your forums yourself you should not run it until the stable version is released which will be supported.

Comment

• EvilAkuma
            • Jan 2005

Jason2,

If you're new to vBulletin and/or don't know much about tweaking, fixing, etc. It's best that you stick to 3.6.8 PL2. However, you're always welcome to upgrade to 3.7. However, it's on your own risk and we'll try our best to support it. However, you will not get supported if you create a ticket in the member area.

Best Regards,

James
            Shun Goku Satsu

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
              • Feb 2005
              • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Jason2
              Can you change the style to 'styleid1' by editing a file? Because I've got a style called 'styleid2' and I want it too be 'styleid1'.

Regards Jason
              You should not be deleting any user, forum, post, thread & style(id). You should of try to select Merge Into Style to keep style (id) as number (1).

Comment

• Jason2
                • Dec 2007
                • 3.6.x

Well I deleted the styleID1 and I haven't had any problems.

=============

Yes, I'm a good coder - plus I have a tech team to deal with all bugs ect.

Regards Jason

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                  • Feb 2005
                  • 1.1.x

Their is a way to get your style id (1) back, but you might need to ask over at vBulletin.org. I will test my solution out and see if it works.

Merging styles would keep the number as it is and you do not need to delete, as you can just hide from others.

Comment