X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacobsen1
    • Dec 2007
    • 3.6.x

several "how can I"s after converting last night:

OK, we just imported from SMF last night. Went OK except for a member # issue because of a test import, but we've got that sorted out now.

Anyway, I have a few issues I'd love to have some help on. These are really "how can I" questions, so I think this is the right section.
    • give my mods access to the stats panel. ie put it in the mod cp
    • have reported posts get PMed to mods, or have them put into the moderation cp... right now they're emailed. It works, but we'd prefer them not to be
    • category strips... how do you set them up to have a 2 toned look?
    • the icons on the main forum index that mark read/unread don't seem to be working correctly. (edit: the seem fine now?)
    That's it for now. I'm sure I'll have more questions as the day goes on. I hope on thread with a few questions is OK.

Thanks,
    Ben Jacobsen
    Last edited by jacobsen1; Thu 20 Dec '07, 6:53am.
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

1. This will require modification to your site.
    2. REported Posts are not sent by PM. You can set them to be posted in a forum though by creating a new forum for this and setting this to be the Post REporting Discussion forum at
    AdminCP > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > User Infractions & Post Reporting Options

3. This is done through the use of gradient images. You can create your own and then simply overwrite the existing gradient used or change the gradient URL in the main CSS to the path of the image that you wish to use

4. This can be due to your forum read marking type. You may wish to your database (automatic forum marking) to mark threads and forums as read automatically.
    AdminCP > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > General Settings > Thread/Forum Read Marking Type

Note: This marks all threads with new posts during the time period set in the setting Database Read Marking Limit as unread for the first time that someone logs in after this is changed.

For modification support, advice and assistance, please visit vBulletin.org.

Comment

• jacobsen1
      • Dec 2007
      • 3.6.x

OK, thanks for the help so far...

#2 looks like a good solution, I'll have to set that up.
      #3 I'm having issues with getting this setup correctly... I have the new gradient file in the correct folder, but how do I "turn it on"??? Do I do this in the "Extra CSS Attributes" under "Category Strips"? If so what's the code to do it?

thanks.

Comment

• peterska2
        • Oct 2003
        • 3.7.x

In the background box for the category strips you will find this

Code:
        #869BBF url(images/gradients/gradient_tcat.gif) repeat-x top left
        Replace the URL with the one for your gradient.

Comment

• jacobsen1
          • Dec 2007
          • 3.6.x

not sure what I'm doing wrong, but when I do that it turns them all black...
          even though I have it as :

Code:
          #666666 url(images/gradients/gradient_tcat.gif) repeat-x top left

Comment

• peterska2
            • Oct 2003
            • 3.7.x

Replace
            images/gradients/gradient_tcat.gif with the path to your new gradient. The path is the URL but without the forum directory part of it.

Comment

• jacobsen1
              • Dec 2007
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne
              Replace
              images/gradients/gradient_tcat.gif with the path to your new gradient. The path is the URL but without the forum directory part of it.
              yeah, it put it where the old one was, so shouldn't that be the url? Do I need the entire url or just images/gradients/gradient_tcat.gif???

Comment

• jacobsen1
                • Dec 2007
                • 3.6.x

OK, it works with http://www......... the whole nine on the front.

Another question. The default gradient is 100 pixels square. I'm using this in a ~30 pixel high spot so I'm only seeing the top bit of it. Can I make it a 30x30 pixel box and will it still work? Is there any reason to keep it 100x100?

Thanks,
                Ben

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...