X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gfc
    • Nov 2007

reset auto_increment

Hi there

For switching over from phpbb to vb I wisely run some testimports. But now I'm struggling with the problem that for the final import I want to reset the auto_increment in the database on threads and userid

But for not hurting my already made settings, I'd like to ask if it's safe to do so for the following tables:
    vb_pm
    vb_post
    vb_thread

Or do I have to run the SQL Query also on other tables to avoid messing up my database? Thx in advance.
    parkrocker.net - The Rock im Park Festival Community
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

It is best not to mess with the autoincrement values as that can cause problems with unique indexes if you aren't careful and thorough about it. Ideally you should rerun the install/install.php script to do a clean install of the database for a fresh import.

Note that this isn't really necessary since the autoincrement values don't make any functional difference.

Comment

• gfc
      • Nov 2007

I know, it was just a "cosmetic" issue about. Maybe some users will be irritated by increasing of their userid by 50'000
      parkrocker.net - The Rock im Park Festival Community

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...