X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuperD
    • Nov 2007
    • 3.6.x

Vertical table

Hi, how to add a new Vertical table to the forum homepage, something like last post table or replies table etc

Thanks
    Attached Files
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Adding it to the forumhome page requires editing these templates:

FORUMHOME
    forumhome_forumbit_*
    (all 4 of them)
    FORUMDISPLAY

This 'how to' for a different modification points out some of the table code you need to modify. Doing this requires knowledge about HTML tables:

Comment

• SuperD
      • Nov 2007
      • 3.6.x

Thanks Jake for the directions, I tried to follow and I attached the result with my reply, now I am not able to find a way in order to merge the little white squares (1) into the gray bars (2). a little help would be appreciated, thanks
      Also I want say that I did not find anything to change in the forumhome_forumbit_level2_nonpost
      Attached Files

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

You need to change the colspans in the forumhome_forumbit_*_nopost templates. You added a column so the colspan numbers need to increase by 1.

Comment

• SuperD
          • Nov 2007
          • 3.6.x

Awesome Jake, thank you
          Now one last thing and I would be done, how to insert items in the new table? like pics words.... etc? where in the template I can do that?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by SuperD; Sun 16 Dec '07, 5:00am.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

What do you want to display? Where is the information coming from? You will probably need a custom plugin to evaluate the output to a variable that you will use in the forumbit templates. That is probably a www.vbulletin.org question.

Comment