X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulagain
    • Oct 2006
    • 3.6.x

Problem with instant notification

I recently received the following message from a user of our forum (www.waldorf-at-home.com/forums):

"I have noticed this happening to me at least 3-4 times and wonder if anyone else has experienced it. I will write a post or a reply, scroll down and select "instant notification" to subscribe to the thread, and then submit the post. After not hearing anything for a while, I check back and notice there have been replies but my status now shows "do not subscribe." After the first time this happened, I click "instant notification" with awareness, so I know I'm not just forgetting to subscribe. Most recently, on the thread about [...], it unsubscribed me, and I went in and edited the status to resubscribe with instant notification. Tonight I noticed there were two more replies and I hadn't received notification. Once again it shows "do not subscribe" - even after I had deliberately Resubscribed."

Is this a bug? Is there an admin setting that I need to change?

Any help very gratefully received!

-- Paul
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

There is no such bug. This is either a user error or a problem with a modification you installed.

Can you duplicate this problem yourself?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• paulagain
      • Oct 2006
      • 3.6.x

OK, I will try to duplicate this and get back to you.

-- Paul

Comment