Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Clarky
    • Feb 2007

Powered by.. (not a 'How Do I')

First off, I'll say sorry because I couldn't find a place to post this.

I read the below on vbulletinsetup.com on the vB SEO page, as I am getting everything I can on my vB to get a better SEO setup.

With vBulletin, they add a “powered by vbulletin” phrase that shows up on all your pages. I’m not talking about the footer copyright, but it’s what you’ll see in your browser title bar.
    On to how to remove this..
    go to your vBulletin Admincp, this is usually going to be an “admin” link at the bottom of your site.
    Once in the admin panel, look on the left for the Language & Phrases and then Search in Phrases
    In your Phrases Search for: x_powered_by_vbulletin (be sure to choose to search by Phrase Text and Phrase Variable Name)
    Edit the phrase. Simply change it from {1} - Powered by vBulletin
    to {1}
    This isn't allowed.. right? I just wanted to check up, and no I havn't done it on my forums!
    www.rc-forums.co.uk

Exact link for the above quote - http://www.vbulletinsetup.com/vbulletin-seo-optimize/

Regards,
    Clarky
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Yes, its allowed.

The only thing you are required to keep is the footer copyright. To remove that you need to purchase the Branding Free Option.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Caddyman
      • Dec 2005
      • 3.6.x

yes actually, it IS allowed i believe.

EDIT: DOH! wayne luke got here before me
      PA Forums
      Philly Sports
      Delaware Online

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...