X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • candeos
    • Nov 2007

vBulletin Authentication with iframe

Hello

I am trying to embed vbulletin forum threads into another website using iframe. ( PMwiki)

The site comes up fine, but when I try to login, it tells me that it is processing the login and redirecting, then I get the error message that I am not logged in.

Any suggestions on how to get around this? Thanks

Dave
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Is the parent of the frame using the same domain as the forum within the frame? That is required for login cookies to work.

Comment

• candeos
      • Nov 2007

They are on the same domain

I'm not sure.....

The wiki is cand****.com/wiki/

Forum is cand****.com/forum/

Dave

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Is it the same subdomain? For example, domain.com and www.domain.com are different and might not share the same cookies.

It is also possible for your forum cookies to be restricted to a specific directory:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options -> Path to Save Cookies and Cookie Domain

Comment

• candeos
          • Nov 2007

This is really strange

Jake

Thanks for your help so far.

Just for fun, I tried to see if the iframe would work with the vbulletin.com website. I put up a wiki page, from my home computer and it automatically logged me in....So I guess that maybe that would work, so I went to work computer and did a page with both my site and vbulletin. Neither worked on my work computer, so I figured it was the way that that computers Internet Options were set

I came back to my home computer and created a cookie for my site. When I went back, the vbulltin.com one stopped working and mine did as well.

Could creating the cookie for my site mess up the vbulletin site? Also it says that all cookies are cleared on login. If it does that , how can it remember someone?

My goal is to load the wiki page and have vbulletin be automatically logged in

THanks again for the help!

Dave
          Last edited by candeos; Thu 13 Dec '07, 2:52am.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

If your site has other cookies then they might be conflicting with the forum. That is when you can restrict the vBulletin cookies to a specific path or subdomain. However, in my experience these cookie restrictions don't work well with framed pages that have different scopes. I don't know of any fix. I think that is just the nature of cookies and frames.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...