• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mr.reza
    • Oct 2007
    • 3.6.x

problem in attach big RAR files

Hi everybody
    I had attachments problem in some users from beginning my forum but some users can attach any files without any problem. from yesterday nobody can attach big files! for example I can`t attach RAR files bigger than 2 MB. my settingas are true and RAR extension limited to 10MB in my settings!!! but as I say nobody can upload files more than approximately 1MB. we have same problem in ZIP files. when I attach 2MB file after few mins I see the DATABASE error and no files uploaded!!
    plz help in this very very ipmortant problem
    thanx
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

In addition to the vB settings, the allowed size of the attachments depends on the PHP and MySQL configuration. You may need to check and change the upload size for both PHP and for MySQL. Note, you'll need to have root access to the server to do this (or have your host do it.) Make these changes to php.ini

upload_max_filesize = xM

..and my.cnf (or my.ini for Windows systems)

set-variable=max_allowed_packet=xM

Change it to the size ('x') you want in Megabytes. Restart the webserver and MySQL after making these changes.

Note: You may also need to increase the max_execution_time and max_input_time variables in php.ini.

Comment

• mr.reza
      • Oct 2007
      • 3.6.x

thnx Kerry-Anne, this big problem was solved.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...