X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fabikus
    • Oct 2007
    • 3.8.x

Birthday wrong year

Hi all, in my board if i put in my profile View only month and day on birthday privacy i see in my profile the correct day and month but a wrong year (always 1992, for all users who have set view only month and day).

Why that? It's strange because in my administrator panel i see year correctly!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• peterska2
      • Oct 2003
      • 3.7.x

Check this setting

AdminCP > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Date & Time Settings > Format For Birthdays with Year Unspecified

You should not have a year specification in this setting

Comment

• Fabikus
        • Oct 2007
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
        I still have same trouble.
        I tried all you said.

Is possible that problem is for imported phpBB users?

However i found this line on member.php

$userinfo['birthday'] = vbdate($vbulletin->options['calformat2'], mktime(0, 0, 0, $bday[0], $bday[1], 1992), false, true, false);

Can i remove 1992 from there?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

No, do not change any code. Fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• tintin74
            • Jul 2007

Hi all, in my board if i put in my profile View only month and day on birthday privacy i see in my profile the correct day and month but a wrong year (always 1992, for all users who have set view only month and day).

Why that? It's strange because in my administrator panel i see year correctly!
            I've had the exactly same issue on my board. Did you already solve this? I'm running vb 3.6.8

Comment

• tintin74
              • Jul 2007

Now I've installed the version 3.7.3 but the problem is not solved...any idea?

Comment

• Fabikus
                • Oct 2007
                • 3.8.x

Try to open /includes/class_userprofile.php and make this change.

CHANGE
                Code:
                $this->prepared['birthday'] = vbdate($this->registry->options['calformat2'], mktime(0, 0, 0, $bday[0], $bday[1], 1992), false, true, false);
                REPLACE WITH
                Code:
                // $this->prepared['birthday'] = vbdate($this->registry->options['calformat2'], mktime(0, 0, 0, $bday[0], $bday[1], 1992), false, true, false);
                $this->prepared['birthday'] = "$bday[0]-$bday[1]";
                In my board that works good!
                Last edited by Fabikus; Mon 27 Oct '08, 1:30am.

Comment

• tintin74
                  • Jul 2007

Hello Fabikus,

Thank you for your help. I'm sorry but it doesn't work because this mod, remove "1992" from the profile but it show the real year of birth instead "1992".

My users have choose to display only the day and the month of birthday.

Any suggestion by the vbulletin coders is very appreciated. thank you

Comment

• peterska2
                    • Oct 2003
                    • 3.7.x

See post #4

In future please start your own thread for your issue.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...