Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WildEye
    • Jan 2004
    • 3.7.x

Or i suppose one could add a simple conditional to the template to exclude certain users from being able to change their passwords,

In "USERCP_SHELL" I found:

Code:
        <tr><td class="$navclass[password]" nowrap="nowrap"><a class="smallfont" href="profile.php?$session[sessionurl]do=editpassword">$vbphrase[edit_email_and_password]</a></td></tr>
    And added:

Code:
    <!-- HIDE ADMIN PASSWORD -->
    <if condition="!is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 6)">
        <tr><td class="$navclass[password]" nowrap="nowrap"><a class="smallfont" href="profile.php?$session[sessionurl]do=editpassword">$vbphrase[edit_email_and_password]</a></td></tr>
    </if>
    The above hides the link to the change email and password page in USER CP but if you know the URL you can still access it directly. Thats where the 2nd part comes in.

And in "modifypassword"

find

Code:
    <table class="tborder" cellpadding="$stylevar[cellpadding]" cellspacing="$stylevar[cellspacing]" border="0" width="100%" align="center">
    Above this
    Code:
    <if condition="!is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 6)">
    and finally above at the very bottom of the template:
    Code:
     </form>
    add
    Code:
     </if>
    This will give you a blank page on the change email and password page ( http://www.yoursite.com/forum/profil...o=editpassword ).

Anyway, my little hack to "solve" the underlying problem.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...